CALL TO PARTICIPATE IN THE NATIONAL EMERGENT ACADEMIC PROGRAM FOR HIGHER EDUCATION STUDIES COMPLETION
(PUENTES in Spanish)
C O N S I D E R I N G
That the Federal Executive, with the support of the Ministry of Public Education, announced several measures to enable Mexican migrants studying abroad to revalidate their studies and join the national education system. In support of these measures and in compliance with the purposes of the National Association of Universities and Higher Education Institutions of the Mexican Republic, A.C. (ANUIES), is that we launch a
C A L L
For young Mexican students living and studying in the United States of America, who, because of their immigration status, cannot continue their studies at the undergraduate level in that country and wish to join the Mexican higher education institutions (HEI’s) associated to ANUIES, to conclude their studies in the scholar or non-scholar modalities, through the National Emergent Academic Program for Higher Education Studies Completion (PUENTES in Spanish), with an extra-ordinary and temporary character, based on the principles of trust and good faith.
Applicants, in addition to the simplified requirements that determine HEI’s in the field of revalidation of studies abroad and equivalents of studies, must comply with the following:
- Submit the application to join a HEI that participates in PUENTES and indicate the career to which they wish to join; it must belong to the same knowledge area of the ones studied in the USA. The application can be submitted from the date of publication of this call and until November 30, 2017.
- Submit the documentation determined by each HEI in accordance with its regulations.
- ANUIES will inform on its website about the participating HEI’s in PUENTES and the careers they offer, as well as the electronic sites where all the information related to the Program will be published.
- Once the HEI’s have received the applications, they will review the documentation of the applicants.
- The HEI’s will provide the candidates with information related to the career they intend to attend, the rights and obligations they will acquire if accepted, as well as any additional information they deem relevant.
- Resolutions on admission shall be final, and no appeal shall be admissible.
III. COMMITMENTS OF THE APPLICANTS
- Accomplish the procedures determined by each HEI.
- Observe the applicable regulations in the selected HEI.
- Cover, if necessary, any expenses generated by their transfer to the HEI, their stay in the country, as well as those corresponding to the materials and any fees for services or activities during the fulfillment of the studies.
- Deliver, during the period established by the HEI, any documentation necessary for the accreditation of previous studies and, where needed, the issuance of the professional title.
- Participate in the monitoring and evaluation activities that are established in relation to PUENTES.
The request for admission can be obtained at the electronic address www.puentes.anuies.mx
For more information, contact the phones +52 55 5420 4900, ext. 4923, 4987, 4921, 1137, or by e-mail, addressed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Roberto Villers Aispuro
Academic General Director of ANUIES
Any situation not foreseen in this Call or any doubt in its interpretation, will be resolved by common agreement between the Executive General Secretariat of ANUIES and the HEIs participating in PUENTES.
MTRO. JAIME VALLS ESPONDA
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY GENERAL